- 1937 - Rev. A. G. Holbrook and family arrive in Fort William (now the southern half of Thunder Bay). He began holding meetings in homes, then in the old
Post Office on May Street. Later the church moves to Cameron Street, and then to the Trades and Labour Hall on Finlayson Street.
- 1944 - The church moves to another location on Simpson Street.
- 1950 - The congregation builds a new building known as Evangel Tabernacle at 222 Leith Street just east of May Street (pictured).
- 1953 - Following the recommendation of Pastor Holbrook, the congregation affiliates with The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC).
- 1956 - Rev. Bruce Schwindt commences his ministry as the pastor of Evangel.
- 1959 - Services are moved to the Odd Fellows Hall because of building structural problems at the building on Leith Street.
- 1963 - The church moves west into a more residential area of Fort William and buys property to construct a new building at the corner of Arthur and Kelly Street
- 1965 - Rev. Garry Foreman begins his ministry as the pastor of Evangel.
- 1969 - Rev. Doug Lindsey moves to Fort William to become the fourth pastor in the history of Evangel Church.
- 1974 - Rev. Reubin Drisner commences his ministry at Evangel.
- 1979 - The Church buys property adjacent to Lakehead University in the Intercity area of the recently incorporated city of Thunder Bay and moves to its present facilities at 1260
- 1981 - Rev. Wayne Parks commences ministry at Evangel.
- 1985 - Rev. Gordon Krause becomes the new pastor at Evangel.
- 1994 - Rev. Clarence Mitchell moves to Thunder Bay to take on the role of Evangel's pastor.
- 2001 - Rev. Gary Wilson becomes the ninth pastor in the history of Evangel Church.
- 2001 - The church completes an 11,475 square foot extension of the building with a gymnasium, classrooms, youth room, kitchen and upstairs residence.